Feb 14 2011: Liverpool can still do better. Hope India wins the World Cup start next week..

Thursday 25 September 2008

Onam Celebrations - It was fun

Onam is always special for Mallus...time to get, all your near and dear ones together and have a ball. Thats what it is...having fun. And thats what we did this time around in Bournemouth.

Had a small gathering of my dear friends.

First time after I have come to UK, I celebrated Onam with lunch on banana leaf and with flower decorations....it was fun, believe me.

Though it was celebrated on Saturday 13th Sept we never lost the spirit of Onam....cutting, chopping, stirring, cooking, spilling, shouting, burning etc...all were there and in plenty..there were a few friends to help me out without their help I wouldn't have been able to celebrate in such big scale. Facts -Including the rice and water there were 21 odd items(Sambar, Aviyal, Kootu Curry, Chicken Fry, Fish Fry, Olan, Pachadi, Raita, Naranga Curry, Beans, pulli ingi, pappdam, Payyasam, chips, sharkara chips, butter(ghee), banana, curd, salt, rice, water)!! Phew....its a lot...don't you think?

5 comments:

Jitender Yadav said...

It was really nice to get together and have loads of nice food, however - its even better to get that on this blog page and make it persistent. keep up the spirits and hope we have Onam again next month!!

Anonymous said...

Yo! Congratulations on your blog! The food looks absolutely delicious! Too bad I missed it, but then, diwali is not too far away right? :o)
Happy blogging!

Unknown said...

Hi Sarith,

I was thrilled when my co-brother showed me this blog. For a net unsavvy person like myself providence has been really kind enough to point out a friend whom I thought I'd lost forever.
I'm in Bangalore for the past 1.5 years now and, God willing, intend to settle down here.
You can write to me at crs.kannan@gmail.com Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Got to catch up on a lot...:-)

Anonymous said...

Nice blog..looks colorful!!

--admirer

Sankar-(Chicago) said...

Get a chance to read your comments...Good that we had a good time in at some stage..btw I saw some video's in your blog,Why do we set up online DVD shop, may be we can call it as movies4you??